Expressions of Interest are now open for Coaches & Assistant Coaches for the Pakenham Warriors Junior Representative Program
The Pakenham Warriors Junior Representative Teams Program continues to grow and achieve success. People who have a love of teaching basketball and who support our club values are encouraged to apply for Head Coach & Assistant Coach positions in our Boys and Girls teams across all VJBL age groups (U12 – U21) for the upcoming Grading / Championship season. Please note that at this stage due to COVID-19 restrictions, there has been no date scheduled for the commencement of the upcoming season.
Please note, all new coaches to the club will require an interview which will be conducted by our DOC Brett Paxton. Existing coaches will not be required to sit through this interview process.
All current and new coaches who apply will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a minimum Level One / Club Accredited Basketball Coach (or be willing to attain this qualification)
- Participate in Representative try-out and practice game sessions (dates to be confirmed)
- Have (or will apply for) a Working with Children Check, and complete Basketball Victoria screening requirements
- Adhere strictly to the Basketball Victoria Coaches Code of Conduct
- Be available for Friday night games and weekly training sessions (Sunday’s and possibly a mid-week training day depending on venue and coach availability)
- Be willing to participate in the Pre-Season tournament over the Australia Day weekend.
- Be willing to participate in the South Eastern Junior Basketball Tournament’ over the Labour Day weekend
Please complete an Expression of Interest form below. The team will be in contact with details of the upcoming season and next steps.